pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Meet Rachel! [SPONSOR L♥VE]

               Today I am going to introduce you to another one of my  lovely sponsors!Rachel. I am so excited to have her on my blog because I have been following her blog for a while and I love it! So I am sure you will all love it too (if you don't already follow her)  COMMENTS ARE OFF!! why? Because I'd love for you to stop by and check out her blog! Leave her some love and PLEASE let her know I sent you! :) Let's get started!


Tell me a little bit about yourself.


Hello lovelies! I am Rachel, a graphic designer and student from the Boston area. I paint my nails too often, watch too many movies, eat too many cupcakes, and shop too much. I love fashion boards, sarcasm, lolcats, and playing dress-up (who says you can get too old?). I am compulsive list maker who talks too much, and that is how Lala Lists was born. 
           
What are you loving at the moment?



I have been on a huge music kick lately! Tristan Prettyman and Missy Higgins are dominating my iTunes with Taylor Swift's new album coming in at a close second. I am also loving all the music off of Nashville!

Who is your role model?


My momma. I know its pretty stereotypical but its true. Our family has been through a lot and she has always been the rock for me and my brother. It gets tough at times but she always manages to make the best of the shittiest situations.
          
Who is your style icon?


I have a serious girl crush on Emma Stone. She manages to look fabulous whether she is wearing jeans and a sweater, leggings and tunic, or a floor length dress. Her outfits are always classic with a little bit of edge - sheer perfection!


What inspired you to start blogging?

I have been a blog follower for years, just adding bookmark after bookmark into my "Daily Reads" folder. Then one day I stumbled upon the High Five for Friday linky and thought to myself "If I enjoy stalking others via the blogoshpere who's to say others won't enjoy stalking me!?" No not really. One night I just got really bored and thought that I have things to say too, so why shouldn't I give it a go!

Where can we find you?

  Blog
  Twitter
  Shop

What kind of posts can we find on your blog?
Just a little bit of everything! I love style boards, sharing my opinions, criticizing celebrities, rambling on about my life, and of course, lists
   opinions
  rambling 
  lists

Do you have anything special going on with your blog?



I am hosting the second Spread the Polish {Swap} this November! You can (and should obviously) go here to sign up!

And finally, what advice would you give other bloggers?

DO:: Be outgoing! Reach out to other bloggers, comment on blogs (big and small), swap buttons, and stay in touch! There are so many tools you can use to reach out and establish relationships and you will get no where if you don't use them!

DONT:: Leave impersonal comments like "Oh so cute! Follow me!" They are annoying and those are the comments that don't get a visit. I love discovering new blogs, but not desperate people who only want to build numbers - not friendships.

MUST:: Have a nice blog design. I am a designer and I absolutely judge a book by the cover. I will automatically follow a blog without even reading it if it has a really nice design, look, and feel. It is a must for me!  And speaking of design, I am holding a lottery for my blog design services over my Thanksgiving break. You can get all the details here!]